Price chart patterns statistics for the time period from 4/1/2019 to 3/31/2022
- These statistics apply only to price patterns automatically detected by ATmatix for the Warsaw Stock Exchange market.
- Pattern statistics apply to historical data and there is no guarantee of achieving the same outcome in the future.
- Statistics are calculated separately for WSE indices/futures and WSE-listed stocks.
- Upward/downward breakout percentage ratios may not add up to 100% (due to numerical roundings or lack of breakouts within the expected time period).
- Pattern statistics are subject to change without notice after chart pattern detection algorithm improvements or any parameter modification.
- Statistical targets after a pattern breakout are calculated based on the historical average of post-breakout move ranges, which are not included in this table.
- The table below contains averaged values and excludes breakout volume, volume trend, (trendline) slope, yearly price range position or other pattern characteristics – that information is used additionally by our algorithms to calculate breakout targets; it is also shown in every pattern details.
|Group||Pattern type||Count||% of upward breakouts||% of downward breakouts||Up brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Down brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Throwback rate||Pullback rate||Break even failure rate for upward brk.||Break even failure rate for downward brk.|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening triangle||34|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening wedge||183|
|WSE Indices||Ascending channel||92|
|WSE Indices||Ascending triangle||55|
|WSE Indices||Broadening (inverted) triangle||60|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening triangle||60|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening wedge||147|
|WSE Indices||Descending channel||60|
|WSE Indices||Descending triangle||60|
|WSE Indices||Double bottom||249|
|WSE Indices||Double top||368|
|WSE Indices||Downtrend line||112|
|WSE Indices||Falling wedge||139|
|WSE Indices||Flat base||109|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders bottom||40|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders top||93|
|WSE Indices||Horizontal channel||13|
|WSE Indices||Rising wedge||216|
|WSE Indices||Three rising valleys||86|
|WSE Indices||Uptrend line||260|
|WSE Indices||Vertical run up||253|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening triangle||79|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening wedge||263|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending channel||77|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending triangle||142|
|WSE Stocks||Broadening (inverted) triangle||130|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening triangle||106|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening wedge||385|
|WSE Stocks||Descending channel||132|
|WSE Stocks||Descending triangle||164|
|WSE Stocks||Double bottom||1727|
|WSE Stocks||Double top||985|
|WSE Stocks||Downtrend line||969|
|WSE Stocks||Falling wedge||401|
|WSE Stocks||Flat base||238|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders bottom||254|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders top||213|
|WSE Stocks||Horizontal channel|
|WSE Stocks||Rising wedge||234|
|WSE Stocks||Three rising valleys||821|
|WSE Stocks||Uptrend line||927|
|WSE Stocks||Vertical run up||919|