Price chart patterns statistics for the time period from 10/1/2020 to 9/30/2023
- These statistics apply only to price patterns automatically detected by ATmatix for the Warsaw Stock Exchange market.
- Pattern statistics apply to historical data and there is no guarantee of achieving the same outcome in the future.
- Statistics are calculated separately for WSE indices/futures and WSE-listed stocks.
- Upward/downward breakout percentage ratios may not add up to 100% (due to numerical roundings or lack of breakouts within the expected time period).
- Pattern statistics are subject to change without notice after chart pattern detection algorithm improvements or any parameter modification.
- Statistical targets after a pattern breakout are calculated based on the historical average of post-breakout move ranges, which are not included in this table.
- The table below contains averaged values and excludes breakout volume, volume trend, (trendline) slope, yearly price range position or other pattern characteristics – that information is used additionally by our algorithms to calculate breakout targets; it is also shown in every pattern details.
|Group||Pattern type||Count||% of upward breakouts||% of downward breakouts||Up brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Down brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Throwback rate||Pullback rate||Break even failure rate for upward brk.||Break even failure rate for downward brk.|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening triangle||39|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening wedge||174|
|WSE Indices||Ascending channel||96|
|WSE Indices||Ascending triangle||59|
|WSE Indices||Broadening (inverted) triangle||71|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening triangle||55|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening wedge||143|
|WSE Indices||Descending channel||49|
|WSE Indices||Descending triangle||44|
|WSE Indices||Double bottom||366|
|WSE Indices||Double top||425|
|WSE Indices||Downtrend line||122|
|WSE Indices||Falling wedge||118|
|WSE Indices||Flat base||104|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders bottom||39|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders top||89|
|WSE Indices||Horizontal channel|
|WSE Indices||Rising wedge||196|
|WSE Indices||Three rising valleys||94|
|WSE Indices||Uptrend line||253|
|WSE Indices||Vertical run up||284|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening triangle||99|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening wedge||298|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending channel||88|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending triangle||161|
|WSE Stocks||Broadening (inverted) triangle||134|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening triangle||113|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening wedge||407|
|WSE Stocks||Descending channel||148|
|WSE Stocks||Descending triangle||187|
|WSE Stocks||Double bottom||1874|
|WSE Stocks||Double top||1012|
|WSE Stocks||Downtrend line||1123|
|WSE Stocks||Falling wedge||450|
|WSE Stocks||Flat base||285|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders bottom||288|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders top||213|
|WSE Stocks||Horizontal channel||13|
|WSE Stocks||Rising wedge||246|
|WSE Stocks||Three rising valleys||860|
|WSE Stocks||Uptrend line||928|
|WSE Stocks||Vertical run up||679|