Price chart patterns statistics for the time period from 1/1/2020 to 12/31/2022
- These statistics apply only to price patterns automatically detected by ATmatix for the Warsaw Stock Exchange market.
- Pattern statistics apply to historical data and there is no guarantee of achieving the same outcome in the future.
- Statistics are calculated separately for WSE indices/futures and WSE-listed stocks.
- Upward/downward breakout percentage ratios may not add up to 100% (due to numerical roundings or lack of breakouts within the expected time period).
- Pattern statistics are subject to change without notice after chart pattern detection algorithm improvements or any parameter modification.
- Statistical targets after a pattern breakout are calculated based on the historical average of post-breakout move ranges, which are not included in this table.
- The table below contains averaged values and excludes breakout volume, volume trend, (trendline) slope, yearly price range position or other pattern characteristics – that information is used additionally by our algorithms to calculate breakout targets; it is also shown in every pattern details.
|Group||Pattern type||Count||% of upward breakouts||% of downward breakouts||Up brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Down brk. efficiency (percentage meeting price target)||Throwback rate||Pullback rate||Break even failure rate for upward brk.||Break even failure rate for downward brk.|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening triangle||22|
|WSE Indices||Ascending broadening wedge||155|
|WSE Indices||Ascending channel||76|
|WSE Indices||Ascending triangle||42|
|WSE Indices||Broadening (inverted) triangle||53|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening triangle||49|
|WSE Indices||Descending broadening wedge||129|
|WSE Indices||Descending channel||43|
|WSE Indices||Descending triangle||39|
|WSE Indices||Double bottom||322|
|WSE Indices||Double top||357|
|WSE Indices||Downtrend line||107|
|WSE Indices||Falling wedge||103|
|WSE Indices||Flat base||83|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders bottom||36|
|WSE Indices||Head & shoulders top||83|
|WSE Indices||Horizontal channel|
|WSE Indices||Rising wedge||180|
|WSE Indices||Three rising valleys||78|
|WSE Indices||Uptrend line||235|
|WSE Indices||Vertical run up||282|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening triangle||79|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending broadening wedge||242|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending channel||70|
|WSE Stocks||Ascending triangle||131|
|WSE Stocks||Broadening (inverted) triangle||117|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening triangle||92|
|WSE Stocks||Descending broadening wedge||364|
|WSE Stocks||Descending channel||135|
|WSE Stocks||Descending triangle||151|
|WSE Stocks||Double bottom||1653|
|WSE Stocks||Double top||947|
|WSE Stocks||Downtrend line||964|
|WSE Stocks||Falling wedge||393|
|WSE Stocks||Flat base||220|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders bottom||238|
|WSE Stocks||Head & shoulders top||209|
|WSE Stocks||Horizontal channel||10|
|WSE Stocks||Rising wedge||211|
|WSE Stocks||Three rising valleys||776|
|WSE Stocks||Uptrend line||846|
|WSE Stocks||Vertical run up||857|